UCSF-customized version of PubMed requires off campus users to log in with MyAccess for full text access. Good starting point for health sciences research including nursing, medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
- the Online version of Index Medicus produced by the US National Library of Medicine (NLM), which is freely available on the Internet, and which dates back to 1966 and selectively to 1809
- Contains over 22 million records
- Subject coverage = medical, biomedical and life sciences
In addition to Medline, Pubmed contains:
- ‘in process’ citations
- some older citations
- citations to non-medical journals
- citations to ebooks
- Subject coverage = medical, biomedical & life sciences.
Systematic reviews, best practice information, evidence summaries and evidence based recommended practice in nursing. Access is restricted to UCSF Medical Center users and via Medical Center IP address only.
This Portal for the UCSF Medical Center was designed and is maintained by members of the Research & Innovation Council. The purpose of the portal is to gather commonly used resources to assist in Quality Improvement activities, Evidence-Based Practice (EBP), Research, and Innovation. To access the Portal, use your MyAccess account.
- Explore evidence for and against effectiveness and appropriateness of treatments in specific circumstances.
- See economic evaluations
- Find methodologies
Access to databases for the practice of evidence-based medicine:
- Systematic reviews of randomized controlled trials that have been published in the current literature
- Summaries of systematic reviews
- Reports from health technology assessment organizations
- Economic evaluations of health care interventions from published and unpublished sources
- Methods used in the conduct of controlled trials
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR)
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)
- Health Technology Assessment Database(HTA)
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED)
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL)
- Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR)
Comprehensive database of funding opportunities for most disciplines from federal agencies and private US and international foundations.
- UCSF affiliates can create personal accounts to save their searches and set-up regular funding alerts.
- Pivot also provides access to faculty/researcher profiles across a broad spectrum of institutions and information on calls for paper and special issue of scholarly journals regarding to their abstract submission deadlines.
- The Research Development Office, in collaboration with the Library, is pleased to offer monthly trainings for faculty, staff, postdocs and students on Pivot.
Access to this database is paid for by the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost.
Full-text archive for more than 360 of the top scholarly journals in social sciences, humanities and arts. Coverage of some journals dates back to the nineteenth century. Does not include the most recent years (3-10 years) of publication.