EMBASE vs PubMed
In a comprehensive search for biomedical literature, you need to search both PubMed and EMBASE.
Quick Search TIPS:
Search Topic: Coping Strategies among Parents of Children with Chronic Illness
2. EMBASE uses an automatic term mapping to identify coping behavior, an EMTREE term for coping strategies. ENTREE is an index
term/controlled vocabulary that is similar to MeSH.
3. 'USE: coping behavior indicates it is an EMTREE term.
4. Click coping behavior to run a search.
5. EMBASE generates a search strategy with EMTREE and Keyword search e.g. 'coping behavior'/exp OR 'coping behavior'
TIPS: A keyword with a single quotation in EMBASE is to force an exact phrase search. e.g. 'coping behavior' will bring articles
that have coping behavior as a phrase.
6. Repeat the same steps to run a search for each concept of parents, children, and chronic illness
7. Use AND to combine different sets of strategies. Click COMBINE.
Apply FILTER/LIMIT options to refine search results.