UCSF-customized version of PubMed requires off campus users to log in with MyAccess for full text access. Good starting point for health sciences research including nursing, medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
- the Online version of Index Medicus produced by the US National Library of Medicine (NLM), which is freely available on the Internet, and which dates back to 1966 and selectively to 1809
- Contains over 22 million records
- Subject coverage = medical, biomedical and life sciences
In addition to Medline, Pubmed contains:
- ‘in process’ citations
- some older citations
- citations to non-medical journals
- citations to ebooks
- Subject coverage = medical, biomedical & life sciences.
Search all of Medline plus over 2,000 extra titles, including more EU journals. Covers medical and biomedical sciences plus drug and pharmacy. Good starting point for health sciences research including nursing, medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
- For guided Entree subject searching (including MeSH)
- For great basic, natural language search
- For drug/pharmacy topics (coverage plus subheading options)
- To pick up recent articles & conference papers & EU journals
- For extensive search limiting options
- all of Medline plus over 2,000 extra titles (including more EU journals) and 260,000 conference abstracts and dates back to 1947 and selectively to 1902
- over 24 million records from more than 7,500 journals
- Subject coverage = medical & biomedical sciences + drug & pharmacy
Renewal funds, courtesy of the Chancellor. Continuation of Embase will depend on funding.
Comprehensive database of funding opportunities for most disciplines from federal agencies and private US and international foundations.
- UCSF affiliates can create personal accounts to save their searches and set-up regular funding alerts.
- Pivot also provides access to faculty/researcher profiles across a broad spectrum of institutions and information on calls for paper and special issue of scholarly journals regarding to their abstract submission deadlines.
- The Research Development Office, in collaboration with the Library, is pleased to offer monthly trainings for faculty, staff, postdocs and students on Pivot.
Access to this database is paid for by the Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost.
an online application that helps researchers create data management plans. The DMPTool provides detailed guidance and links to general and institutional resources and walks a researcher through the process of generating a comprehensive plan tailored to specific DMP requirements.
Helps researchers, faculty and students with their research projects. Users can explore methods concepts to help them design research projects, understand particular methods or identify a new method, conduct their research, and write up their findings. Focuses on methodology rather than disciplines. Can be used across the social sciences, health sciences, and other areas of research
is a secure, HIPAA-compliant, web-based system for building and managing web-based research projects such as surveys and databases. The REDCap system provides functionality and features to enable researchers to rapidly develop databases and online surveys.
The Qualtrics Research Suite allows you to build, distribute and analyze online surveys — from the very simple to the most complex. Collaborate in real-time, export data in multiple formats (ie. SPSS, Excel, HTML, PDF, and more) and integrate with existing Customer Relationship Management solutions (ie. SalesForce).
is a secure data hosting service for researchers. This service provides research teams with a professionally managed, secure, web-based, collaborative environment in which to manage files containing sensitive data.
is a cloud-based file collaboration tool. UCSF Box is similar to Dropbox, OneDrive, and GoogleDrive, but only UCSF Box is managed and supported by UCSF IT. UCSF Box is integrated with MyAccess and offers features such as content and task management, online workspace for collaboration, and user and group permissions. UCSF Box now offers a HIPAA-compliant secure folder.
Stata is a complete, integrated statistical software package that provides everything you need for data analysis, data management, and graphics. Note: Available for free on Library Computers and in MyResearch.
is the industry standard software tool for publishing and managing bibliographies, citations and references on the Windows and Macintosh desktop. Note: this resource is available for free on Library computers, otherwise users must purchase a license.
an easy to use Data Publication platform for publishing open access research data. Data are preserved in a stable back end repository and are publicly available under a CCBY license for any view, download, or re-use. Data publications are granted a persistent DOI that may be used for citation.