This guide is a self-paced tutorial detailing tips & tricks to get you started with running efficient searches in PubMed.
Blog: In Plain Sight
Ways to access, manage, and publish your information
Stay Up to Date
Once you have completed this tutorial, you will be able to:
1. Describe the contents of the PubMed system
2. Use the Single Citation Matcher to quickly locate a citation
3.Perform a basic author search
4. Perform a basic subject search
5. Use Limits to narrow a search
6. Use the Clinical Queries feature to search for clinical research
7. Use the Display options
8. Print and download citations
Continue this tutorial by going to the "PubMed Contents" tab at the top of this page.
From the UCSF Library webpages, access PubMed via the PubMed@UCSF link at the upper right of the page.