EZ Proxy is the preferred method for accessing UCSF resources off-campus. Always access resources by going to the UCSF Library homepage or bookmark UCSF urls. You will be prompted to login with MyAccess.
UCSF-customized version of PubMed requires off campus users to log in with MyAccess for full text access. Good starting point for health sciences research including nursing, medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
- the Online version of Index Medicus produced by the US National Library of Medicine (NLM), which is freely available on the Internet, and which dates back to 1966 and selectively to 1809
- Contains over 22 million records
- Subject coverage = medical, biomedical and life sciences
In addition to Medline, Pubmed contains:
- ‘in process’ citations
- some older citations
- citations to non-medical journals
- citations to ebooks
- Subject coverage = medical, biomedical & life sciences.